Chocolate Peanut Butter Scones
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of raw turbinado sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of cold butter cut into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup of cocoa nibs
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of egg whites
- 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- Use electric mixer to stir butter in.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and add chocolate chips.
- Put milk, egg whites, and peanut butter into another bowl and use the electric mixer to combine. Then, pour over the dry mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Put mixture on parchment paper on the cookie sheet.
- Knead into a disk, 8 inches in diameter, then cut into 8 wedges. Place the wedges a couple inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until golden brown and set. Store in a closed container at room temperature.