I love soup. I don't know why, there is just something about it's warm, rich taste that's super delicious. So I decided I wanted some soup for lunch.
I looked in my fridge and I was like oh my goodness I have a lot of carrots and also a lot of broccoli so that's what I will make my soup out of. And so I did. (Great story, right!)
Here is the recipe so that you can eat soup too!
- 3 carrots
- 2 broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 1 can garbanzo beans (15 oz)
- Chop up the carrots and take the tops off of the broccoli.
- Put the broccoli in a medium sized saucepan on low heat with the olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Let sit for 3 minutes, then add the broth.
- Bring to a boil, then put on medium heat for 10 mins.
- Add the garbanzo beans at the very end.
- Put half of the soup in a blender and puree it, and then put it back in the pan.
That seems super easy, right! It's the perfect dinner recipe for busy weeknights!