Mexican Black Bean Soup
- 2 (15 oz) cans of black beans
- 3 carrots
- 4 celery stalks
- 3/4 of a cup of crushed tomato
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- pepper and salt to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- pinch of cumin
- pinch of chili powder
- pinch of paprika
- pinch of cilantro
- Chop carrots, garlic, and celery, and rinse the black beans.
- Put the carrots, garlic, celery, beans, a pinch of salt and pepper, and the olive oil in a pot and put it over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add crushed tomato, water, and broth and bring to a boil.
- Bring to a simmer and cover for 10 minutes.
- When finished, mix in the spices and cilantro.